Saturday, January 22, 2011

Home From the Hospital


We got to go home the day after Kohen was born and boy were we grateful to be out of the hospital. Grandma was there to greet us and our neighbors Helen and John got to sneak a quick peek of our bundle of joy too.


The first sponge bath

When I worked in Labor and Delivery, one of my favorite things to do was give the babies their first bath. I was so looking forward to Kohen's, but they take the babies out of the room to do the bath now so I was pretty bummed. Needless to say, I was chomping at the bit to give my son a bath. I managed to wait until Rich picked up Morgan from Wyatt's, went grocery shopping, and cooked dinner (tacos in a bag...YUMMY!).  I was super excited to give him his bath, but he wasn't as excited to get a bath. In fact, he HATED baths until he could be submerged in water. 


Much happier after his bath


Our little "pumpkin"

Night one at home went pretty well. Grandma was there to help thank goodness. Kohen slept with us in our room in a bassinet for part of the night. Then he hung out with grandma and dad for the second half of the night watching TV in the living room so I could sleep. 

It was so nice finally having our son in our arms safe and sound. Being able to eat meat, sleep on my back, not have heartburn, and not throwing up were a HUGE plus too!

No comments:

Post a Comment